Invacare Boards
April 16, 2024, 04:00:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Invacare Boards.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the HELP by clicking the link below. You may have to REGISTER before you can post: click the register link below to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home   Forum   Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

mk6i programming

Recent Items

Views: 43
Comments (0)
By: BamaBobAlex

Views: 29
Comments (0)
By: KiwiJenn

Views: 24
Comments (0)

Views: 20
Comments (0)
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: mk6i programming  (Read 6155 times)
powerhockey83

View Profile
« on: October 04, 2007, 07:07:01 pm »

hi-

I have a new torque sp with GB motors and mk6i electronics. I have a mkiv programmer for my old chair. Is this programmer compatable with mk6i? I was wondering if it would work so i wouldn't have to call the technician to come out to program my new chair.

thanks,

scott
Report Spam   Logged
KiwiJenn
Administrator
Disability: Neuromuscular Condition
Invacare Equipment: 22 February 2005 - TDX 5, with Tarsy Tilt/Recline and Articulating Elevating Legrests. December 2013 - TDX SR T/R/E/PL

test

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2007, 07:14:23 pm »

Hiya and welcome:)  COngrats on the new Torque Sp too.

If you have this programmer, then you can plug it into the MK6 joystick controller

If your unsure of what settings to change, then leave them alone. I say this because you don't want to have to pay extra money to get the chair fixed after changing settings your not sure of:) The speed settings are fairly easy to change if that's all your wanting. If you need any help, please ask as sci_otr and some others maybe able to help you. I've changed the drive settings only on my friends new TDX SP, but left everything else alone as I wasn't 100% sure and there is more settings to change than on MK5 lol
Report Spam   Logged

Pete

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2007, 12:29:55 am »

I've changed the drive settings only on my friends new TDX SP, but left everything else alone as I wasn't 100% sure and there is more settings to change than on MK5 lol

Hey Jenn
Did the TDX SP have the MPJ or SPJ controller?
Report Spam   Logged

Pete
powerhockey83

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2007, 08:18:36 am »

the programmer i have is for a 3G Ranger X with mkiv and 4 pole motors. will that work with mk6i with GB motors? I assume the software is different. I just want to change speed settings.
Report Spam   Logged
KiwiJenn
Administrator
Invacare Equipment: 22 February 2005 - TDX 5, with Tarsy Tilt/Recline and Articulating Elevating Legrests. December 2013 - TDX SR T/R/E/PL

test

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2007, 04:27:58 pm »

Hi Pete,
Yes, and all powerchairs with MK6 electronics on them will all have the MK6 MPJ joystick controller on there, here in New Zealand. The funding people want to have only one joystick controller to deal with.

Hey Jenn
Did the TDX SP have the MPJ or SPJ controller?

Hi powerhockey83

Yes that programmer image in the above reply is for MKIV, MK5 and works on MK6 joystick controllers as it has two plug connectors. The older programmer which looks excatly the same as the one above only has one plug connector. o if your programmer is the same as the above with the two plugs, then yes it will work with the MK6.

I have the above programmer and have used it on these chairs
Arrow with MKIV and GB motors
Pronto with 4 pole motors
TDX with MK5 and GB motors
TDX SP mk6 and 4 pole motors

the programmer i have is for a 3G Ranger X with mkiv and 4 pole motors. will that work with mk6i with GB motors? I assume the software is different. I just want to change speed settings.
Report Spam   Logged

Pete

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2007, 07:55:13 pm »

Quote from: KiwiJenn;410
Hi Pete,
Yes, and all powerchairs with MK6 electronics on them will all have the MK6 MPJ joystick controller on there, here in New Zealand. The funding people want to have only one joystick controller to deal with.

Just looking at the Invacare TDX SP web site i get the impression that the SPJ is the std stick with the MPJ as an upgrade, the following from their web page "MK690ACC 90 Amp Controller standard SPJAP with Power Seating Switch Driver Control Standard".

Maybe Invacare NZ is only using the MPJ stick to limit confusion, good idea if they are, the MPJ looks like much more fun.Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Pete
KiwiJenn
Administrator

test

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2007, 09:30:03 pm »

It's to save money and confusion I think for the techs.  In Auckland we have 'Wheelchair Service' techs who do all the repair jobs on the wheeclhairs in Auckland.  The Minstrey of Health who fund all the wheelchairs and equipment in Auckland area pay those techs.  So having just one type of controller for a certian electronics will save them money and also not confuse the techs, as they will only know about one joystick controller.

Maybe Invacare NZ is only using the MPJ stick to limit confusion, good idea if they are, the MPJ looks like much more fun.Smiley

I think if you have more than 1 powered seating option then you get upgraded to the MK6 MPJ Joystick Controller.

Just looking at the Invacare TDX SP web site i get the impression that the SPJ is the std stick with the MPJ as an upgrade, the following from their web page "MK690ACC 90 Amp Controller standard SPJAP with Power Seating Switch Driver Control Standard".
Report Spam   Logged

powerhockey83

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2007, 10:23:00 am »

Jenn-

I have the programmer like the one above but it has different connectors. It has one circle 5-pin one and a circle 3-pin like a charger connector. will it fit in the charger port on my MPJ joystick?

-Scott
Report Spam   Logged
KiwiJenn
Administrator

test

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2007, 07:39:53 pm »

Hi Scott,

Yes, if your programmer is the same as the above with the two plugs, then yes it will work with the MK6. The 5-pin connector is for the MKIV, the 3-pin connector is the one for MK5 and MK6:) You plug the 3-pin connector into the front of your MPJ MK6 joystick where the charger plugs in.  Sorry I wasn't clear before.

I have the programmer like the one above but it has different connectors. It has one circle 5-pin one and a circle 3-pin like a charger connector. will it fit in the charger port on my MPJ joystick?
Report Spam   Logged

Okie Rick

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2007, 08:02:42 pm »

Browsing the Invacare website I found this...

Note: This is for the Laptop IVS software when used with a SD Card Reader and a computer.

Source:
http://www.invacare.com/cgi-bin/imhqprd/inv_search/search_editorial_detail.jsp?s=0&cntOID=537148866

MK6i™ Laptop IVS Software - Coming Soon!
The MK6 version of Laptop IVS will be compatible with the MK6 Professional Card and not require a cable to connect the power chair to the laptop.

MK6i Software Update — Version 1.4.1 (click to download)
This software update is used to upgrade any MK6 "Professional" Memory Card to the current version of MK6 software. This card is then used to upgrade the software for any MK6 expandable system (MPJ+, PSF+, PSR+, MK6 Display). Simply insert the card, turn the chair on, and press a switch (outlined below). This is not compatible with SPJ+ joysticks. When upgrading the software on any system, programmed values and selections do not change, only the new software features are installed.
Instructions for Upgrading the MK6 Professional Memory Card

1. Insert the MK6 Professional Memory Card into the USB port of your computer using an SD Card Reader.
   2. Download the MK6i Software Update and save to your desktop.
   3. Open the MK6 update folder, then open the "MK6_ver X.X Update.exe" file.
   4. Select (highlight) the drive location of the Professional Memory card when prompted.
   5. Select "OK" and your card will be automatically updated.

Instructions for Using the MK6 Professional Memory Card to Upgrade MK6i Expandable Systems
(MPJ+, PSF+, PSR+, MK6 Display)

1. Ensure the chair is OFF.
   2. Place the updated Professional Memory Card into the card slot of the MK6i Display or the MK6i Joystick.
   3. Turn the chair ON.
   4. The display will read: "Firmware X.X.X is Available".   4a. If updating an MPJ+ Joystick, press "Mode Switch" to update.   4b. If updating an MK6i Display, press "Save" to update.
   5. After pressing the button, the display will read "Erasing" followed by a progress bar. After the memory is erased, the display will then read "Programming" followed by a progress bar. When completed, the LCD display will show the first screen for using the MK6 Display as a programmer, or the first screen for Through the Joystick Programming on the MPJ+.

Be careful.
Okie Rick
Report Spam   Logged
John McKee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2007, 10:37:38 pm »

Does anyone have a circuit diagram of the two connector Programer Cable?

I have the old Programer..
Action Technology Remote Programer
Modle 9908  MMC MKIV  

The programer I have  has one 5 pin connector, I'd like to make a conversion to the 3 pin connector.

Is the 3 pin connector an XLR?

One way to check the cable/connector would be to use a VOM in the ohm meter mode.
Report Spam   Logged

Homepage: http://www.JohnMcKee.Info

Handicap Information and Project Links: http://homepage.mac.com/john_mckee/Gimp.html

It works!  Now if only I could remember what I did...
Shirley_hkg

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2007, 12:27:30 am »

Smiley
Smiley  Smiley  John, it is an XLR , but it has circuitry inside .  That's the charging port also and it delivers 24 volt which will definitely blow your programmer away.  Get one with 2 connectors on eBay at around $100.00.  It will work on MK 3, 4, 5, 6 electronics.  Regards.  Shirley.

Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
camperman1971

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2009, 09:54:58 pm »

Quick question, is there a cable/software to connect a PC directly to the MK6i for programming?  Just acquired mom's new TDX sp, seems like a good chair just needs some programming changes and I don't want to keep bugging the tech for several reasons.  Thanks
Report Spam   Logged
jakeyboy1

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2010, 11:06:45 am »

There is no cable for MK6i programming.  However, there is a way to program a MK6i chair with a laptop/desktop computer.  You need the MK6i IVS program and a "pro memory" SD card.  However, I recomend the handheld programmer.  It is MUCH easier to use.

I have seen the MK6 programmers on ebay $150
Report Spam   Logged
metnme2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2010, 05:56:54 am »

I'd like to invest in a programmer eventually myself- then Dad could help me out with programming changes.
Would one programmer work on both my TDX3 and the TDX SP?

Karyn and Thane
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: