Invacare Boards
March 28, 2024, 03:12:29 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Invacare Boards.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the HELP by clicking the link below. You may have to REGISTER before you can post: click the register link below to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home   Forum   Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Tilt While Driving - TDX/MK6i

Recent Items

Views: 43
Comments (0)
By: BamaBobAlex

Views: 29
Comments (0)
By: KiwiJenn

Views: 24
Comments (0)

Views: 20
Comments (0)
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Tilt While Driving - TDX/MK6i  (Read 1976 times)
John McKee

View Profile WWW
« on: April 20, 2008, 12:27:24 pm »

Is this the program mod to allow the TDX to tilt while the chair is moving?

Go to "calabrations" and select "mono port 1"
Scroll to "tilt U/D" or "ACC1 U/D"
Hit select. Hit "save" twice. Turn chair off then on.

Will this work in all 4 Drives?

Will the recline feature work while the chair is in motion?

Will this allow the ELR's to be adjusted while the chair is moving?
Report Spam   Logged

Homepage: http://www.JohnMcKee.Info

Handicap Information and Project Links: http://homepage.mac.com/john_mckee/Gimp.html

It works!  Now if only I could remember what I did...
KiwiJenn
Administrator
Disability: Neuromuscular Condition
Invacare Equipment: 22 February 2005 - TDX 5, with Tarsy Tilt/Recline and Articulating Elevating Legrests. December 2013 - TDX SR T/R/E/PL

test

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 04:41:58 pm »

Hi John,

Have you got a seprate 4 way toggle switch? or a single toggle switch? as I'm pretty sure you need one of these to use any powered seating.

The program area I can't help there.
Report Spam   Logged

giv-way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 04:46:45 pm »

When I did this to my chair I turned off the tilt lock out so I can move my chair when tilted.
My chair will not tilt or decline when in motion I tried this when I saw your question and the chair stops moving when the tilt switch is activated but does not tilt untill the tilt switch is pressed again.
Footrests I dont know......if this will be the same?
Good question......Rene
BTW I have a egg switch to operate my tilt.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 05:00:38 pm by giv-way » Report Spam   Logged
John McKee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2008, 07:13:31 pm »

Jenn I have a 4 way seat joystick.... We also have the Pro Card with the Programer. I may switch to a 4 button control for the seat.
Report Spam   Logged

Handicap Information and Project Links: http://homepage.mac.com/john_mckee/Gimp.html

John McKee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2008, 07:17:28 pm »

Rene...

I used the programer to turn off the lock-out feature... The Mercury switches are still in the circuit. I'll check the circuit and see if they are a closed or open circuit when the seat is flat (no tilt or recline).
Report Spam   Logged

KiwiJenn
Administrator
Invacare Equipment: 22 February 2005 - TDX 5, with Tarsy Tilt/Recline and Articulating Elevating Legrests. December 2013 - TDX SR T/R/E/PL

test

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2008, 09:21:43 pm »

Ok I'm a bit confused about what you meaning now John
There is driving with tilt lock out OFF - I see you have turned the lock out off.

There is also driving and being able to tilt, recline, elevate and operate the ELR with a toggle switch or a 4 way toggle switch.

After reading some more I'm guessing you are wanting to tilt, recline and use your ELR while driving your TDX via the 4 way toggle switch?  

With the MK6 joystick controller there is a 'Mode' button, you have to stop driving the chair, press the 'mode' button and this will bring you to your powered seating profiles.  You then use the powered seating of your choice and move it till your happy, then you press the 'mode' button again to go back to driving mode.  

I'm pretty sure that if you have a 4 way toggle switch/button pad, you can operate any of the powered seating while driving.  Of course the programming would have to be set so this can happen and I don't know how to do that kind of programming.

On my TDX 5 I have a 'single toggle switch' and I press the level down to recline, then i press the level down again to bring the recline back upright...for tilt I press the level up and I tilt back, I then press the level up again to bring the tilt back again.  I use the joystick for the ELR when needed.  The tech's at Invacare setup the program so the toggle switch would work this way for me.
Report Spam   Logged

KiwiJenn
Administrator

test

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2008, 09:37:01 pm »

Hi Rene:)

Is the egg switch you have on your Arrow to operate the tilt only? while driving

For you to recline, you will have to stop driving and then press the 'mode' button to get to the recline option.  Is this how you recline?

Quote from: giv-way;867
My chair will not tilt or decline when in motion I tried this when I saw your question and the chair stops moving when the tilt switch is activated but does not tilt untill the tilt switch is pressed again.
BTW I have a egg switch to operate my tilt.

My friend (in a loan Torque SP with dynamic controller) and I were down at the mall and we went across the road, but both cut curbs were very steep, like a V.  

His foot plates are very low so he had to stop before crossing the rd, press the mode button which get's him to tilt mode, then tilt, then press the mode button again.  He was then able to get down the v shape cut curb and cross the rd and get up the other v shape cut curb on the other side.  He then had to stop driving, press the mode button to get to tilt, he then tilted down, then press the mode button again then carry on driving.  To me this seems insane!!!  I would be so frustrated at having to do that at every cut curb that was badly done.  His disability is SCI so he has not alot of finger/hand movement.  

Most powerchairs I've had with tilt, I've always had the seprate toogle switch so I can tilt at any time and while driving.
Report Spam   Logged

John McKee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2008, 10:04:03 pm »

This is exactly what I want to be able to do...

... if you have a 4 way toggle switch/button pad, you can operate any of the powered seating while driving...

I am able to move and tilt at the same time on my 3G Arrow.... The seat is not made by Invacare (ARD out of Texas). Only the base is Invacare.
Report Spam   Logged

KiwiJenn
Administrator

test

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2008, 11:57:38 pm »

I'm pretty sure then that your Rep, once he knows how to use a programmer, will be able to program your 4 way toggle switch to enable you to use all powered seating options, while driving your TDX.Smiley  

The powered seating is run through the MK6 electronics, so I don't think it matters where the seating has come from e.g ARD, Motion Concepts (but I could be wrong).

Maybe jakeyboy can give a little info on this:D
Report Spam   Logged

giv-way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2008, 12:16:17 am »

John and Jen when I want to tilt I just let go of the joystick and hit the egg switch no mode button involved.
With johns question about tilting while in motion I never do that but to satisfy my curiosity I turned down my speed setting put my chair in motion and activated the egg "tilt" switch with my other hand and the chair stopped but did not tilt, then still holding the joystick forward hit the egg switch a second time and the tilt engages once but only once.
I can stop and tilt without changing mode but I need to stop the chair then tilt.
And yes the eggswitch operates my tilt only........only operates my tilt........hehe ESL.
John I think the mercury switch would be closed when the seat is down! BTW on my older Arrow the teck just unhooked "disconected" the mercury switch.
Rene
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 12:26:18 am by giv-way » Report Spam   Logged
KiwiJenn
Administrator

test

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2008, 01:08:47 am »

:eek:ohh I thought you got the egg switch so you could tilt while driving lol

Ok so what is the point of having the egg switch?:p:p  
On the MK6 MPJ joystick controller with the LCD, you have a 'mode' button, which enables the user to go from driving mode to powered seating modes.  Rene, I do remember that you have a different joystick controller (similar to the MKIV shape) so maybe yours doesn't have this 'mode' button to go from driving to powered seating mode.  If this is correct then that might be why you have a egg switch  

Quote from: giv-way;874
John and Jen when I want to tilt I just let go of the joystick and hit the egg switch no mode button involved.
With johns question about tilting while in motion I never do that but to satisfy my curiosity I turned down my speed setting put my chair in motion and activated the egg "tilt" switch with my other hand and the chair stopped but did not tilt, then still holding the joystick forward hit the egg switch a second time and the tilt engages once but only once.
I can stop and tilt without changing mode but I need to stop the chair then tilt.
And yes the eggswitch operates my tilt only........only operates my tilt........hehe ESL.
John I think the mercury switch would be closed when the seat is down! BTW on my older Arrow the teck just unhooked "disconected" the mercury switch.
Rene

Great discussion I may add;)
Report Spam   Logged

jakeyboy1

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2008, 03:54:50 pm »

In the MK6 world....... If you are using Invacare powered seating with a Invacare base you can not in anyway operate the seating while driving.  If the powered seating is from a different company then it might be possible.
Report Spam   Logged
KiwiJenn
Administrator

test

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2008, 06:36:50 pm »

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:Sad Why has this happened?

Normally users like myself and others I know of like and need to be able to operate the tilt (mainly) while driving there powerchair.  

Reason = when going up or down a ramp I need to tilt to prevent footplates hitting the ground (which creates a bent leg hanger) or even on the ramp as I drive onto it to drive up the ramp.  I also tilt while driving when going up and down cut curbs at crossings.  If I had to stop everytime I'd end up holding up traffic and looking like I was stuck LOL:eek:

On the MKIV and MK5 electronics users were able to tilt while driving there chair via a single toggle switch or even use the other powered seating options 'if' needed.  Removing this was a silly idea.

Quote from: jakeyboy1;876
In the MK6 world....... If you are using Invacare powered seating with a Invacare base you can not in anyway operate the seating while driving.

I may have to email Invacare and let them know why things need to be on the upcoming MK7 electronics.  I already have started a list of things they need to add back on even from the MKIV electronics.
Report Spam   Logged

sci_otr

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2008, 05:52:23 am »

Quote from: jakeyboy1;876
In the MK6 world....... If you are using Invacare powered seating with a Invacare base you can not in anyway operate the seating while driving.  If the powered seating is from a different company then it might be possible.

What about when using the input jack on a smart actuator?  I suspect probably not, but haven't had the opportunity to try.
Report Spam   Logged
jakeyboy1

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2008, 09:17:55 am »

Didn't think of that.  If you have a smart actuator and plug a switch directly into the actuator, then yes you can activate the actuator while driving.

I know the next question is going to be "how do I know if I have a smart actuator?"  If while tilting or reclining your joystick or display registers your angle in degrees.  Anohter way to know is, look at the actuator itself and look for a port to plug in a switch.  The port looks just like a headset port on a ipod.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: