Invacare Boards
April 19, 2024, 06:01:34 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Invacare Boards.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the HELP by clicking the link below. You may have to REGISTER before you can post: click the register link below to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home   Forum   Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Indicator Light Question

Recent Items

Views: 43
Comments (0)
By: BamaBobAlex

Views: 29
Comments (0)
By: KiwiJenn

Views: 24
Comments (0)

Views: 20
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Indicator Light Question  (Read 10267 times)
Psyco

View Profile
« on: July 23, 2008, 06:21:02 pm »

I have a Pronto M50 or M51, SPJ joystick, and a MK 5 NX controler.  The "yellow" light is flashing and nothing works..... What does that mean???  (It is not in the owners manual)  The batteries are fully charged (about 13.6 v each, 27 v togather)   Thanks
Report Spam   Logged
John McKee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 07:22:25 pm »

Is there a reset button on your joystick or controler?
Report Spam   Logged

Homepage: http://www.JohnMcKee.Info

Handicap Information and Project Links: http://homepage.mac.com/john_mckee/Gimp.html

It works!  Now if only I could remember what I did...
Psyco

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 07:26:25 pm »

I can't find a reset button, also I think I read some where there was not one....  should be  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
John McKee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 03:05:43 pm »

You have already done what I would have.... Power on - off.

When I get a fault.... i.e. motors not engaged.... off - on...  resets on the TDX

On the 3G Arrow I had to plug in a programer to get an error code number.
Report Spam   Logged

Homepage: http://www.JohnMcKee.Info

Handicap Information and Project Links: http://homepage.mac.com/john_mckee/Gimp.html

It works!  Now if only I could remember what I did...
Psyco

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008, 07:51:36 pm »

Yep, tried the on-off thing several times, I may have to try and find a programer to buy, might be cheeper than having a service man to come out.
I am sure someone knows what a flashing yellow light means???  When I call Invacare, they just tell me to call a service repair shop and have them come out.
Report Spam   Logged
KiwiJenn
Administrator
Disability: Neuromuscular Condition
Invacare Equipment: 22 February 2005 - TDX 5, with Tarsy Tilt/Recline and Articulating Elevating Legrests. December 2013 - TDX SR T/R/E/PL

test

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2008, 12:43:54 am »

How many times does the yellow light flash?  That may help in looking at the MK5 Dignostic (sp) Fault codes
Report Spam   Logged

Psyco

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2008, 08:45:46 am »

It doesn't stop, it just keeps flashing (the yellow light)!
Report Spam   Logged
Alin0s

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2008, 03:58:45 pm »

Are you talking about the wrench light on your SPJ joystick?

http://www.invacare.com/doc_files/1110532.pdf

According to the service manual for MK5 NX electronics there does not appear to be a "continuous flashing" of the service light. The service light is supposed to flash 5 times and then off for a second then 5 again to allow a technician to read and see ok this appears to be a motor fault (example only I doubt 5 flashes is motor fault) that put aside in my own opinion if you think a programmer will cost less than a service call you could get one and attempt to read the diagnostics screen yourself. Make sure to have a manual near you at all times. If it does prove that the chair requires technician service then you might have to get a technician either way.

In my best opinion I would call a technician on the phone and speak to them. A phone call is free and they might just tell you how to fix it yourself if it is someting small like a cable disconnected somewhere.
Report Spam   Logged

Look at the upsides of disabilities.

Powerchair's, cars to the disabled, get some tuner's on the road (Need for Speed reference)

Hey! This is a Stealth headrest here, you are not supposed to see me. Do I have this thing turned on correctly. Grrrrrrr, Stealth! Why didn't you show me how to turn on
KiwiJenn
Administrator
Disability: Neuromuscular Condition
Invacare Equipment: 22 February 2005 - TDX 5, with Tarsy Tilt/Recline and Articulating Elevating Legrests. December 2013 - TDX SR T/R/E/PL

test

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2008, 05:25:05 pm »

There may be a slight stop, then it flash fast again for so many times.  Once you know the number, check the manual Alin linked too and go from there.  Otherwise I'd get hold of the service people you use and get them to check it out, they should have a programmer on hand too.

Quote from: Psyco;1176
It doesn't stop, it just keeps flashing (the yellow light)!
Report Spam   Logged

Psyco

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2008, 07:04:50 pm »

Thanks everyone for the good advice.... It is good to see Good people like you helping others..... It helps in more ways than you know.    Keep up the good work!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: