Invacare Boards
April 19, 2024, 08:17:30 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Invacare Boards.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the HELP by clicking the link below. You may have to REGISTER before you can post: click the register link below to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home   Forum   Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Is the MPJ+ joystick a direct swap for the SPJ+?

Recent Items

Views: 43
Comments (0)
By: BamaBobAlex

Views: 29
Comments (0)
By: KiwiJenn

Views: 24
Comments (0)

Views: 20
Comments (0)
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Is the MPJ+ joystick a direct swap for the SPJ+?  (Read 3287 times)
SweetBearCub

View Profile
« on: August 02, 2009, 04:08:07 am »

Quote from: jakeyboy1;1859
Regarding creating your on "pro card": I have not tried that.  I'm not sure if it would work.  Worth a  try.  I have programmed chairs with just the pro card and it is worth getting the programmer.  I can program a chair with a programmer in 1min what a pro card would take 10.  (considering I do this for a living, it is worth it)

Getting a tilt to work with your base: If the tilt wasn't designed for your base, it would require a fair amount of fabrication to make it work.  

Regarding odometer and speedometer: I hear that in MK7, it will be standard, and a clock too.

As soon as I can find a USB SD reader/writer (too bad they're not microSD, my PocketPC can work with them natively..) and I have the MPJ+ with the basic card in my possession, I'll drop by my tech's shop and see what I can arrange. If it works, great. Will the professional card hold all my settings, or will I need to buy another SD card and turn it into a basic card by moving the appropriate files onto it?

Although I agree that a programmer would be preferred, that's an extra $125 to $300 that I can spend on other more important things. As long as the card allows me to reprogram my chair, that's fine. Once I've fine-tuned each drive profile, I don't foresee the need to screw with them very much. Besides, if I really need a programmer, I can probably manage to borrow my tech's as long as I use it at the shop.

Having an odometer and speedometer in the MK5 electronics, removing them in the MK6i and putting them back in the MK7 is a slap in the face to everyone that has MK6i systems. For as much as these things cost (and also the fact that they're very similar to the MK5 systems), they should send out a software update that gives them back to us.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: