Invacare Boards
March 28, 2024, 08:12:41 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Invacare Boards.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the HELP by clicking the link below. You may have to REGISTER before you can post: click the register link below to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home   Forum   Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

MK6i Discussion

Recent Items

Views: 43
Comments (0)
By: BamaBobAlex

Views: 29
Comments (0)
By: KiwiJenn

Views: 24
Comments (0)

Views: 20
Comments (0)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: MK6i Discussion  (Read 12883 times)
KiwiJenn
Administrator
Disability: Neuromuscular Condition
Invacare Equipment: 22 February 2005 - TDX 5, with Tarsy Tilt/Recline and Articulating Elevating Legrests. December 2013 - TDX SR T/R/E/PL

test

View Profile WWW
« on: May 26, 2007, 07:32:18 pm »

Here you can talk about the MK6i Electronics MK6i electronics include new driver controls with larger brighter LCD screens, a new easier to read display, intuitive programming options, a memory card, and new programmable features bringing increased independence to the user. Best of all, it is based on the MK5 electronics platform to allow a smooth transition. If you can program MK5 electronics, you will be able to program MK6i. The MK6i platform will be introduced as the standard electronics system and will replace the MKIV and MK5 systems on these models, beginning October 1, 2006:
  • All TDX Total Driving eXperience models
  • All Storm Series, rear wheel drive models
  • The Pronto M71-R and M-71 w/ PTO+
  • Pronto M91-R and M-91 w/ PTO+
  • Pronto M-94,
  • Pronto M71 Jr,
  • and Power Tiger
If ordering HDTTGB Motors on Arrow or TDX chairs please read...Those that need the HDTTGB Motors will get MK5 electronics till Invacare release the MK6i electronics with the HDTTGB Motors (I will update this information & let everyone know as soon as I know they are released)Click here to see*TrueTrack motors (HDTTGB) are currently not available with Formula CG Tilt, Tilt/Recline, Recline & Elevate systems with MK6i electronics. For Tilt, Tilt/Recline, Recline & Elevate powered seating systems with TrueTrack motors on a Storm Series RWD base, please use the price sheetss below"Invacare Tarsys Series 2G Tilt Systems with 3G bases effective 10/09/2006
http://www.invacare.com/doc_files/P2001_001_3GEN_2GEN_PWRTILT.pdf

"Invacare Tarsys Series 2G Tilt/Recline Systems with 3G bases effective 10/09/2006
http://www.invacare.com/doc_files/P2001_003_3GEN_%202GEN_TILTRECL.pdf

"Invacare Tarsys Series 2G Recline Systems with 3G bases effective 10/09/2006
http://www.invacare.com/doc_files/P2001_002DM.pdf

"Elevate - MKIV and MK5 Electronic Options for chairs with GB Motors effective 10/01/2006
http://www.invacare.com/doc_files/P2006_MKIV_MK5_Options_FOR_GB.pdf
Report Spam   Logged

giv-way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 10:04:06 pm »

Can the mk6 go to tilt from all 4 speed "programs" or only 1? I am test driving one right now and its a pain to stop n tilt .
Can all 4 programs be good to tilt from?
Thanks Rene
Report Spam   Logged
giv-way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 01:04:24 pm »

Jen I am posting this again because of no reply so far!
Question can the MK6 be programmed to tilt from all 1-2-3-4 programs?
Thanks Rene
Report Spam   Logged
sci_otr

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 05:46:03 pm »

Yes.  I believe "Power Seating" is the name of the parameter in each drive which must be enabled with a programmer.  When it is, pressing the Mode button will allow you to toggle between driving and power seating...

Report Spam   Logged
giv-way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 09:59:43 pm »

Thanks sci-ort    much apreciated Rene
Report Spam   Logged
Okie Rick

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2007, 11:08:40 pm »

What model chair is this MPJ on?  Looks good.  What else/all is it controlling?
...wondering...

Rick
Report Spam   Logged
KiwiJenn
Administrator
Invacare Equipment: 22 February 2005 - TDX 5, with Tarsy Tilt/Recline and Articulating Elevating Legrests. December 2013 - TDX SR T/R/E/PL

test

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2007, 07:06:51 pm »

Hi sci_ort

How do you enable these options below on the MK6 display, so one of these can be seen, say KM (like you can on the MK5)

set Miles/kmh
AH
Volt
AMP
Batt (good/bad)
KM

I've looked through the settings on a friends MK6 controller and can't seem to find these. I hope Invacare didn't remove these.
Report Spam   Logged

giv-way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2007, 08:26:26 pm »

I have just finished choosing the options that suited my needs and lifestyle and went with Arrow with the MK6 controler,  with the tilt I did not like having to change from drive mode to tilt and then back to drive mode to move .....say off the street with a bad corner ramp!  so I ordered my chair with a seperate switch to operate the tilt that way I can choose witch option to use when tilting.
Just something to think about!......Rene
Report Spam   Logged
KiwiJenn
Administrator

test

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2007, 08:53:45 pm »

Hi Rene:)

Can I ask why you don't like pressing the mode switch to go to tilt mode (powered seating), then pressing the mode button again to go into Drive?

What did you have on your old Arrow? the MK 5 MKJ joystick controller? that you had to flick through 3 drives to get into tilt mode.  

Just curious:)

On my TDX 5 I don't use the tilt/recline mode much via the joystick as I have a seprate toggle switch that I use for tilt/recline.  If neededing to use the elevating legrests then I have to flick through 3 drives to get to the elevating legrest mode via joystick.

My reason for wanting a seprate tilt/recline (tilt mainly) toggle switch was if I'm going down a ramp or in and out of a van onto a hoist, I like to be able to drive and tilt at the same time.  It's very inconvent (sp) for me to stop half way down a ramp or stop near the end of the ramp, to tilt up a bit through the joystick so my footplates don't hit the path as I drive off the ramp.  I would have to stop on the ramp, flick through drives to get to tilt mode, then tilt, then flick back to the drive I was in, then drive off the ramp, this is a slow process.  Using the tilt toggle switch I can drive down the ramp and tilt as I wish without stopping..no time wasted either.

With the MK6 joystick controller, it would be slightly quicker I 'assume' by pressing the mode switch and going to tilt mode, tilt, then press the mode button again back into drive mode and then I carry on down the ramp.  If I got a new chair with MK on it, I would most likly get the extra toggle switch again.

I was asked by an Invacare tech why I would need a seprate toggle switch on a MK6 TDX, so I explained that above to him and he said that's a very fair comment and point.
Report Spam   Logged

giv-way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2007, 10:02:40 pm »

Hi KW Jen
The reasoning that you used to justufy wanting a seperate toggle switch to operate the tilt on your chair is exactly the same reasoning that brought me to my decision about wanting a seperate switch "eggshel" to use the tilt.
When I cross a busy intersection during rush hour I dont need the extra time required in changing drive modes to be able to get off the street I just reach down and recline a bit while still in motion.
I ordered my arrow with the MK5 6 years ago with a seperate tilt switch "toggle" and my next arrow with MK6i will be fitted with a seperate switch "eggshel" to operate the tilt function.
Time saving = safety in some instances!
Good work you do here Jen........Rene
Report Spam   Logged
KiwiJenn
Administrator

test

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2007, 10:33:33 pm »

Good to know I'm not the only one needing an extra toggle (eggshell) switch to use tilt while driving:)
Report Spam   Logged

Pete

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2007, 05:54:45 pm »

Quote from: KiwiJenn;322

Good to know I'm not the only one needing an extra toggle (eggshell) switch to use tilt while driving:)

Call me stupid, but why/what is an eggshell toggle switch, i know what a toggle switch looks like, but the eggshell bit?.
Report Spam   Logged

Pete
giv-way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2007, 10:40:40 pm »

It Looks Like A Egg Cut In Half, Press Once For One Direction And Again For The Opposite Direction..........stick On Anywhere With Velcro.
New To Me Too......rene
Thats What The Girl From Invacare Called Them ?
MY OLD CHAIR HAS A TOGGLE WITH THE LEVER UP DOWN BUT MORE PRICEY  TO BUY THE EGGSHEL ONE COSTS MUCH LESS AND USES THE EXISTING CONTROLL?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 10:43:23 pm by giv-way » Report Spam   Logged
Pete

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2007, 07:21:53 pm »

Thanks giv-way, sounds like a good idea.
Report Spam   Logged

Pete
sci_otr

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2007, 09:19:53 pm »

The Egg Switch is made by Stealth Products.  It is available directly through  Stealth, but can be obtained from Invacare or ASL.  It is single normally open momentary switch.  While hitting it a second time may reverse the direction of the power seating function, this is to the due to how the powerchair's electronics have been set up, and not the presence two separate switches inside of it.

Here is a pic of one being used on the outside of a  headrest...

Here's one installed under the cover of the headrest,,,

« Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 09:43:15 pm by sci_otr » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: