Invacare Boards
April 19, 2024, 12:56:10 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Invacare Boards.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the HELP by clicking the link below. You may have to REGISTER before you can post: click the register link below to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home   Forum   Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Invacare TDX-SP “Drive Lockout” Errors

Recent Items

Views: 43
Comments (0)
By: BamaBobAlex

Views: 29
Comments (0)
By: KiwiJenn

Views: 24
Comments (0)

Views: 20
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Invacare TDX-SP “Drive Lockout” Errors  (Read 620 times)
Jim-LA
Disability: paraplegic
Invacare Equipment: TDX-SP MCG

View Profile
« on: July 25, 2019, 05:55:50 pm »

I was experiencing constant Tilt and Recline problems due to faulty mercury tilt sensors/switches. I was getting stuck in positions that caused me grief or I could not travel up even slight grades. The switches are supposed to be a safety feature, but they were putting me in jeopardy instead. 

There are two mercury tilt angle sensor switches mounted to the frame and connected to the TRAM (tilt, recline, actuator) module via 2-pin connectors. My fix: Remove the back cover to expose the wiring harnesses. Trace the two sensor cables to where they plug in to the TRAM module. Cut the two cables about 6” from the connector ends. Strip back the cable insulation to expose the two wires inside, a black one and a white one. Strip back the insulation on these two wires and twist them together (or crimp them, solder them, etc.). Test the chair to make sure it works OK. Then use electrical tape (or shrink tubing, etc.) to insulate the exposed wires. Repeat on the second sensor cable.

This fixed my chair and I no longer have problems with tilt and recline getting locked up.

If your PWC is still under warranty, my fix could invalid your warranty. Others may wish to have their PWC dealer replace or adjust the sensors.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: